🕑 Cooking Time:
⌛ Prep Time:
The Ingredients List
- 4 cups cooked Jasmine Rice (overnight)
- 16 dried scallops (soaked overnight with below liquids and shredded next day, DO NOT throw away the liquid)
- ¼ cup Shaoxing Chinese wine
- ¼ cup Hot water
- ¼ cup Chicken stock
- 8 medium-sized Chinese Broccoli Kai Lan stems (diced)
- 8 Egg whites
- 3 stalks Spring Onions (diced)
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoon Sesame oil
- To prepare dried scallops, soak them overnight in the Shaoxing Wine, water and chicken stock. When ready to cook, shred pieces with finger or grind them in a mortar. SAVE the liquid for use later on!
- To prepare diced up Kai Lan steams, blanch them in hot water for 30 seconds and run it under cold water and set aside.
- Heat wok at low-medium. Season with oil. Pour in egg whites and stir as it whitens. Remove when it all whitens but still slight undercooked and set aside.
- Heat up 2 tablespoon of oil in wok on medium-high heat. Add shredded dried scallops and stir fry. When they become more browned or start ‘jumping’, remove and set a side.
- Re-coat wok with a bit of oil again, add rice and push them apart. As you separate the rice, pour in the liquid from soaking dried scallops.
- Add in partially cooked egg whites and mix well with rice.
- Add Kai Lan and fried dried scallops. Stir fry well and season with salt to your tasting
- In the last 30 seconds, add in spring onions and sesame oil and stir fry.
- Ready to serve!