🕑 Cooking Time:
⌛ Prep Time:
The Ingredients List
- 500 gram Brisket (chopped into small cubes)
- 350 grams Pork ribs (cut between bones)
- 6 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3 slices Ginger
- 1 large Brown Onion (diced)
- 3 large Tomatoes (diced)
- 2 large Potatoes (diced)
- 2 large Carrots (diced)
- 3 large Beetroots (diced)
- 300 grams Celery (diced)
- 4 cups Beef stock
- 1 cup Tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 3 fresh Bay leaves
- 1 can Four Bean Mix (400 grams)
- 1/4 Purple cabbage (diced)
- 2 cups Water
- 3 tablespoons White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Blackpepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil, add garlic, ginger and onions. When fragrant, add brisket pieces and pork ribs to lightly brown them.
- Add in diced vegetables (tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, beet roots including its liquid and celery), followed by pouring in beef stock and tomato juice. Finally, add in tomato paste and bay leaves, and stir briefly to mix.
- For instant pot/pressure cooker, set for soup and cook for 20 minutes. For pot over stove, bring to a boil and let it simmer for about 2 hours
- For instant pot/pressure cooker, transfer soup to larger pot over stove, add the 2 cups of water. More water may need to be added if using the longer conventional pot over stove method.
- Bring soup to a boil and then add the cabbages. Let it simmer for another 30 minutes. During the last 10-15 minutes, add in the beans, and season with sugar, salt, white vinegar and pepper.
- Ready to serve hot by itself or together with cooked pasta (e.g. large shells/spirals/macaroni!)