California Superfood Salad Blog
🕑 Cooking Time:
⌛ Prep Time:
The Ingredients List
- ½ cup Tricolour Quinoa + 1 cup Water
- 1 whole Sweet Corn
- 4 cups of Kale (~10 leaves) – finely chopped
- 250 gram (~1 cup) sliced Jalapeño – diced
- 200 gram Cherry Tomatoes – roughly chopped
- 450 grams Spring Water Tuna
- ½ cup Black beans
- ½ cup Goji berries
- ½ cup Wild Rice
- 1 ½ cup Oil for Puffing Wild rice
- Feta Cheese – grated
- For garnish Coriander – roughly chopped
- 3 Avocados – roughly sliced
- 6 Eggs – poached/soft boiled
- Freshly squeezed juice from 1 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoon Sweet/Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tablespoon Olive oil extra virgin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare Quinoa: Wash and drain quinoa. In a pot, pour quinoa in along with 1 cup of water. Let it come to boil on high heat, then reduce to low and cover with a lid. Let it simmer for 15 minutes. Remove lid, fluff the quinoa a little and cover back with lid for 10 minutes before it is ready for use. For best results, follow package instructions on how to cook. Prepare other ingredients whilst quinoa is cooking.
- Prepare corn: Place corn in a large pot of boiling water and let it cook for about 4 minutes and plunge it in iced or cold water. Then cut corn off the cob.
- Cut up kale leaves, sliced Jalapeño, cherry tomatoes, coriander and avocado.
- Squeeze a little lemon over avocado and season it with a little salt and pepper to your tasting. Leave aside.
- Prepare Puff wild rice: Prepare 1.5 cups of oil in a small saucepan and heat oil on high heat. Test if ready by placing 1 grain of wild rice. It should puff up within seconds. When ready, pour in the rest of the wild rice. Stir the pot as the wild rice puffs up almost instantly. When lightly browned, drain oil through a sieve. Place puffed wild rice on some paper towels to cool and drain. Sprinkle some sea salt over them.
- Prepare eggs: To soft boil, it should take about 6 to 7 mins. For poaching, add a tablespoon of white vinegar into boiling water. It should be simmering gently. Swirl the water in circular motion with a whisk prior to gently placing egg in. Take it out carefully with a slotted spoon after 3 minutes. Place in an iced bath. When cooled, place on paper towel to dry and leave aside.
- In a large salad bowl, prepare dressing in it by combining all dressing ingredients. Place in kale, quinoa, corn, Jalapeño, cherry tomatoes, tuna, black beans, and goji berries. Mix well.
- To serve, place salad mixture on serving plate or bowl. Grate desired amount of feta over salad, sprinkle puffed wild rice and coriander, and finally place avocado slices and egg on top.