🕑 Cooking Time:
⌛ Prep Time:
20mins + overnight
The Ingredients List
- 1 kg Pork Neck Scotch (3cm thick long strips)
- 4 tablespoons Maltose
- 4 tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Chinese Shaoxing Wine
- 2 tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 cube Red Fermented Tofu and 1 tablespoon of its red sauce
- 4 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 4 slices Ginger (chopped)
- 2 stalks Spring Onions (5cm length chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Red food coloring dye (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons Maltose
- Remaining of the marinade
- Slice pork neck scotch into 3 cm thick long strips.
- Marinate pork with listed ingredients overnight (or 48 hours) in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven 180°C. Take marinated pork out and rest for 20 minutes. Do not discard the marinade.
- Prepare the basting marinade by pouring the marinade into a saucepan with maltose, bring to a simmer and reduce for 5 minutes or until it thickens.
- Apply basting marinade on all surfaces of the pork pieces and place them in the oven for 20 minutes. Re-apply basting marinade on all surfaces, flip the pork and place in the oven again for 20 minutes.
- Increase oven (broiler) temperature to 200°C, baste and flip each side after every 5 minutes for 20 minutes. You may increase the oven to 220°C if you want it more charred/crisped.
- Let them rest for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.