Chinese Fried Rice
10 – 12
🕑 Cooking Time:
⌛ Prep Time:
The Ingredients List
- 4 cups Jasmine Rice (overnight rice)
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 5 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 Shallots (finely diced)
- 6 Garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ cup Dried Shrimp (processed)
- 5 large Shitake mushrooms (soaked and diced)
- 1 cup Frozen mixed peas, carrots and corn
- 1 cup Baby corns (roughly diced)
- 3 Chinese sausages
- 100 gram Char Siu (roughly diced)
- 4 stalks Spring onion (roughly diced)
- 2 tablespoon Light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Chinese Shaoxing wine
- Table Salt to taste
- Ground White pepper to taste
- Heat wok at medium to high. Add in 3 tablespoons of oil and coat the sides of the wok
- Add Chinese sausages and fry for about 30 seconds. Remove and put aside.
- Pour in beaten eggs. Quickly whisk it for a few seconds. Shift it to a side of the wok to allow space to add in shallots and minced garlic. When fragrant, stir fry together with egg and break the egg apart at the same time.
- Add in rice. Begin pushing and breaking apart the rice. This process will need to be done constantly throughout as you slowly add in other ingredients.
- Add in mushrooms and processed dried shrimp first, followed by light soy sauce, oyster sauce, Chinese Shaoxing wine and sugar. Keep tossing until rice starts to get dry again, then add in the mixed peas, carrots and corns, baby corns, Chinese sausage and Char siu. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Make sure wok is on high heat, and keep tossing the rice, making sure it does not burn. It can take a few minutes. This is to dry out the rice well to give it a good texture at the end.
- Near the end, add in the spring onions and toss around for about another 30 seconds.
- Ready to serve immediately. Goes well with some fried shallots.