🕑 Cooking Time:
⌛ Prep Time:
The Ingredients List
- 800 grams Pork ribs (cut in chunks)
- 5 cm chunk of Ginger (cut into 3 to 4 thick slices)
- 3.5 litres Water
- 6 Chinese dried Red dates
- 2 Chinese dried Honey dates
- 8 dried Scallops
- 2 large Carrots (cut in chunks)
- 2 bunches Watercress (thoroughly washed)
- 2 tablespoons Goji Berries
- 1 tablespoon Rock Sugar
- 2.5 teaspoons Table Salt
- Remove scum: place pork ribs in large pot filled with water enough to cover the ribs, bring to boil and keep it going for 3-5 mins, pour out all the scum, rinse pieces with hands
- In soup pot, place washed pork ribs, ginger, honey dates, red dates and dried scallops, and pour approximately 3.5L of water. Bring to boil and let it simmer for 30 mins, followed by placing the carrots in. Wait for it to come to a boil before placing watercress in. It is best to place watercress in batches especially if you pot is small. You must only put watercress in each time when it is vigorously boiling. This is to prevent the bitterness of the vegetable.
- Let simmer for about 1 hour. Add in goji berries and rock sugar and let it continue simmering for another 1 hour.
- Finally, taste and season with salt.
- Ready to serve hot as an entrée!