🕑 Cooking Time:
⌛ Prep Time:
The Ingredients List
- 500 grams minced beef (>15% fat)
- 500 grams minced pork (>15% fat)
- 4 slices white bread (crusts removed, roughly diced)
- ⅔ cup full cream milk
- ¼ cup shredded/grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 6 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 big shallot (very finely diced)
- 2 tablespoon fresh curly parsley finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅔ cup red wine
- 3 cups of marinara sauce (home-made or store bought)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir bread pieces with milk until evenly coated and leave it aside for 5 minutes to soak, followed by mashing with a fork.
- In the same bowl, add all the meatball ingredients which include ground beef and pork, cheese, egg, garlic mince, shallots, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well together preferably with your hands. However, do not overmix to prevent tough meatballs.
- With wet hands (you may dip your hands with a little bit of olive oil or water), roll and form meatballs into approximately 60 grams size each and place them on baking paper sheets.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan over medium heat, and place the meatballs in. Cook in batches instead of putting them all in to avoid overcrowding. Add remaining oil as you go with new batches. Sautéed the meatballs until internal temperature is about 70°C, which takes about 11 minutes. Make sure to turn the meatballs every 2 mins to ensure all sides are evenly browned. Put aside to rest once done.
- To prepare sauce, de-glaze the pan by pouring in the red wine, followed by adding the marinara sauce. Let it simmer over low to medium heat until it bubbles indicating it’s hot, and put all the meatballs in for no longer than 30 seconds, stirring them in the sauce. Ensure not to overcook them to prevent drying the meatballs.
- Sprinkle over with some grated cheese or chopped parsley, and ready to serve just by themselves or with pasta or mashed potatoes, whichever you prefer!