Oven-baked BBQ Pork Back Ribs with Dry Rub and BBQ Sauce Blog
🕑 Cooking Time:
⌛ Prep Time:
The Ingredients List
- ~ 700 grams Pork Back Ribs
Dry Spice Rub
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Black Pepper Ground
- 1 teaspoons Canola Oil
- ¼ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ tablespoon Paparika Smoked
- ½ tablespoon Onion Powder
- ½ tablespoon Garlic Powder
(Serves ~2 racks of pork ribs)
- 4 tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Black Pepper Ground
- 1 tablespoon Paprika Smoked
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seed Ground
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- ½ cup Tomato Sauce
- ¼ cups Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 ½ cup Beef Stock
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco’s Sauce (Optional)
- 1 tablespoons Cornstarch with 1 tablespoons cold water
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Remove membrane from the back of the ribs, and pat the pork rib dry.
- Apply oil on the pork rib and generously rub in with dry spice rubs. Let it rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Prepare the BBQ sauce: Add all the BBQ sauce ingredient (cornstarch mixture last) in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil, then simmer, reduce and stir for 10 minutes for a thicker consistency and more intense flavour.
- Wrap the pork ribs with aluminium foil. Place it in the oven for 3 hours. For every hour, slather BBQ Sauce covering entire pork ribs and cover with aluminium foil again, before placing back in oven.
- After 3 hours, slather BBQ Sauce again and remove the aluminium foil from the pork ribs and place back rib top side facing up in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with vegetables.