Singapore Fried Noodles Blog
🕑 Cooking Time:
⌛ Prep Time:
The Ingredients List
- 200 grams Kong Moon Rice Stick Vermicelli
- 200 grams Shrimps OR ~ 15 large Prawns
- 3 Large Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Onion (julienned)
- 2 stalks Spring onions (julienned)
- 1/3 Green Capsicum (julienned)
- 1/3 Red Capsicum (julienned)
- 200 grams Bean Sprouts (roots plucked)
- 150 grams Char Siu (julienned) – click here for recipe
- 2 tablespoons Curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon White Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon grounded White Pepper
- Table Salt to taste
- Roasted sesame seeds to sprinkle over
- Coriander for garnish
- Prepare vermicelli noodles: bring a pot of water to boil on high heat, add noodles in, let it cook for 1 minute or until water comes to a boil. Turn heat off and leave noodles in for another 30 seconds. Drain noodles, leave it aside and let it cool and dry. You may run it under cold water to stop it from cooking further.
- Heat wok at medium to high. Heat up about 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok and toss in the shrimps/prawns. Stir fry for about 1 to 1.5 minutes until mostly cooked, then set them aside
- Add in another 1 tablespoon of oil to wok and pour in beaten eggs. Quickly whisk it for a few seconds. Shift the eggs to a side of the wok to allow space to add in minced garlic, onions and spring onions. Quickly stir fry the garlic, onions and spring onions together on their own side of the wok and again make more space to add in red and green capsicums, bean sprouts followed by Char Siu. Briefly stir fry everything together and add in curry powder and turmeric. Quickly toss and stir fry until powder is evenly coated over all ingredients.
- Add in the partially cooked vermicelli noodles, together with light soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, fish sauce, sugar and white pepper. Using the wok spatula, carefully press on the noodles to shake and separate them without shredding them too much into short noodles. Mix noodles well with all the ingredients. Season with salt to your liking. In the last 10 to 20 seconds, toss in the prawns and mix.
- To serve, sprinkle over some roasted sesame seeds and garnish with some coriander.